Thinking of becoming a digital marketer but don’t know if it’s a good skill to learn? Maybe you’re looking to develop skills so you can work remotely. You’ve come to the right place!
Digital marketing continues to be a growing industry with a variety of opportunities. It also offers people the ability to work from anywhere in the world. For these and other reasons digital marketing is a powerful skill to learn.
Here are some of the top reasons why it pays to learn digital marketing skills.
There is High Demand for Digital Marketers
Digital marketing professionals are in hot demand. According to a recent CMO survey of employers, demand for marketing professionals is expected to increase by 12.2% in 2023.
Many digital marketing professionals get a four-year Bachelor Degree. You can also learn these skills in a special way. One of the best ways is to complete one of the quality online digital marketing courses and get a digital marketing certification.
You’ll learn the right skill set and be able to showcase your talents. Most online digital courses provide some form of a digital marketing certificate, which will help you find jobs. Just make sure the digital marketing course provider has a track record of success.
Earn Great Money
According to data from Indeed, the average digital marketer makes US$61,269 in the United States, but many digital marketers earn well into six figures. This makes it a potentially lucrative career to pursue. To earn more, you need to boost your productivity. One of the best ways to do this is to learn the most up-to-date and relevant skills. For example, knowing how to boost a pay-per-click (PPC) campaign will boost your value.
The great thing about digital marketing is it’s a results-based business. In other words, show your skills and earn more money regardless of your years of experience or level of education.
You can also have certification in digital marketing to increase your credibility. Again, online digital marketing courses are a great investment to make. You’ll have in-demand skills, not to mention you won’t be saddled with the thousands and thousands of dollars of student debt that goes hand in hand with a university education!
It Offers Great Flexibility
Digital marketing offers you great flexibility about where and how you work. You have lots of possibilities to pursue. Want to work remotely from a beach in Thailand? You can. Want to work for a fast-growing tech start-up in Silicon Valley? Go for it. Want to work for a digital agency in London? No problem. The list goes on.
Digital marketers can work for companies as employees, become freelancers, or even set up their own agencies. You might start out working for a company in person and then go out on your own as a freelancer.
Once you build your experience and network, you can create your agency and hire employees. The opportunities in digital marketing are growing and changing all the time. This gives you a great future-proof career to jump into.
Many Different Jobs are Available
There are a number of jobs available in digital marketing. Some people like to focus their time mastering one skill while others learn various skills. Many of the roles you can fill also offer plenty of autonomy and the chance for you to have an impact on the organisation you work for.
Some of the most popular digital marketing roles include:
- Content writers, researchers, and editors. Digital marketers are needed to research, write, and edit content, including an organisation’s website, social media channels, and blogs.
- Content managers. Digital marketers are tasked with managing the design, implementation, and optimisation of a content marketing strategy.
- Web design. Every organisation requires a website and takes on people who can build them. Other digital design skills are also valued because a great customer experience starts with the design of an organisation’s landing pages. Designing web pages, apps, ads, and other marketing materials are hot skills to have.
- Web development. Many web developers work on digital marketing projects for organisations, for example, building landing pages and apps.
- Social media marketing. Pretty much every organisation is active on social media. Digital marketers create and develop social media marketing strategies and then implement them.
- Email marketing. Email marketing continues to be a form of digital marketing that organisations invest in. Digital marketers create and manage email campaigns so organisations can engage with customers.
- Digital advertising. Digital marketing professionals are tasked with researching, implementing, and optimising paid advertising campaigns for organisations. This can include PPC and display advertising.
- e-Commerce marketing. Digital marketers develop, implement and optimise marketing strategies for e-commerce businesses to help them increase sales.
The great thing about having a variety of roles in the industry is it gives you an amazing number of opportunities. You can also try out different areas of digital marketing until you find which ones you want to focus on.
It’s an Exciting Industry
The digital marketing industry is constantly evolving. This provides digital marketers with numerous opportunities across different areas of the industry.
Every year, new tools are launched and changes are made by large tech platforms. As a digital marketer, you get to be at the forefront of innovation. If you want to work in a vibrant industry, digital marketing is a great choice.
It’s a Great Way to Become an Entrepreneur
Digital marketing provides you with skills that can help you become your own boss. Many marketers learn skills by working for other people and then go on to launch their own businesses. There are many great opportunities globally, especially if you have a digital marketing certification.
The Bottom Line
Digital marketing is a powerful tool to learn as it offers many great job and business opportunities. In an ever-changing business world, digital marketers remain in high demand.
This means they can command excellent salaries. Building the right digital marketing skill set will set you up for a powerful and prosperous future.
If you want to learn more about digital marketing and how to learn the right skills, check out our website or download our free guide. We have a wide variety of online digital marketing courses to take you to the next level.